CALBOX Customer Shipping Policy
1. You may not falsify information on the shipping form as all information will be reflected in each international customs form. (Failure to provide accurate information or False report will result in fines)
2. CALBOX is not responsible for disadvantages caused by shipping prohibited or restricted items.
3. CALBOX will not comply with illegal activities, such as split shipment.
4. Korean Custom Clearance 1: Includes food, perfumes, vitamin supplements, snacks, and medications. Items that have total value of $150 or less are tax-free. However, customs duty and surtax will be imposed on items whose total value exceeds $150. Korean Custom Clearance 2: Clothes, shoes, electronics, books, school supplies, and toys. Items that have total value of $200 or less are tax-free. However, customs duty and surtax will be imposed on items whose total value exceeds $200.
5. Up to 6 bottles of health supplements or vitamins can be shipped per a box, and the Korea Customs Service has the right to dispose of more than 6 bottles per box.
6. CALBOX LLC offers maximum liability coverage for shipments worth up to $200, and you can claim insurance when your shipment is valued over $200, with a premium of 5% of the declared value of the item.
7. CALBOX LLC does not compensate for damage to liquids (alcoholic beverages, etc.), glass products, used products, and all electronic products (TVs, monitors, etc.). These items are not covered by insurance. I agree to the damage waiver.
8. You agree that the item will be discarded without notification and not to claim ownership of it, if the payment is not made within 30 days after the arrival of shipment to the warehouse.
9. Items over $2500 must be declared to AES United States customs in order to be shipped.
10. "Inspection Consent" in accordance with TSA regulation
Under the regulation of TSA, all items may be subject to inspection.
11. I agree to the transfer of personal information (name, personal customs identification number, resident registration number, passport number, contact information, delivery address, etc.) to "CALBOX" and the Korea Customs Service for transportation and customs clearance.
12. Electronics of the same kind must be shipped individually. Place one electronics per box.
13. To claim compensation for damage, you must prove with your purchase receipt showing the name and price of the product delivered. If the amount of the goods stated on the delivery order differs from the amount on the purchase receipt, the customer may be charged up to the amount specified on the delivery order. CALBOX LLC offers maximum liability coverage for shipments worth up to $200. This coverage is called "declared value". Items under $200 may be charged up to that amount in case of loss, theft or shipping damage.
CALBOX LLC COURIER SERVICE
Terms and Conditions
When ordering CALBOX., Llc, on your behalf and on behalf of anyone else with an interest in the Shipment, that the Terms and Conditions shall apply from the time the CALBOX accepts the Shipment unless otherwise agreed in writing by an authorized officer of CALBOX. Your statutory rights and entitlements under any service feature (for which additional payment has been made) are not affected.
"Shipment" means all documents or parcels that travel under one waybill and which may be carried by any means CALBOX chooses, including air, road or any other carrier. A "waybill" shall include any level produced by CALBOX automated systems, air waybill, or consignment note and shall incorporate these Terms and Conditions. Every Shipment is transported on a limited liability basis as provided herein.
1. Customs, Exports and Imports
CALBOX may perform any of the following activities on Shipper's behalf in order to provide its services to Shipper: (1) complete any documents, amend product or service codes, and pay any duties or taxes required under applicable laws and regulations, (2) act as Shipper's forwarding agent for customs and export control purposes and as Receiver solely for the purpose designating a customs broker to perform customs clearance and entry and (3) redirect the Shipment to Receiver's import broker or other address upon request by any person who CALBOX believes in its reasonable opinion to be authorized
2. Unacceptable Shipment
Shipper agrees that its Shipment is acceptable for transportation and is deemed unacceptable if:
- It is classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by IATA(International Air Transport Association), ICAO(International Civil Aviation Organization), any applicable government department or other relevant organization;
- No customs declaration is made when required by applicable customs regulation; or
- CALBOX decides it cannot transport an item safely or legally (such items include but are not limited to: animals, currency, bearer from negotiable instruments, precious metals and stones, firearms, parts thereof and ammunition, human remains, pornography and illegal narcotics/drugs).
3. Deliveries & Undeliverable
Shipments cannot be delivered to PO boxes or postal codes. Shipments are delivered to the receiver's address given by the shipper but not necessarily to the named Receiver personally. If the Receiver refuses delivery or to pay for delivery, or the Shipment is deemed to be unacceptable, or it has been undervalued for customs purpose, or Receiver cannot be reasonably identified or located, CALBOX shall use reasonable efforts to return the Shipment to Shipper at Shipper's cost, failing which the Shipment may be released, disposed of or sold by CALBOX without incurring any liability whatsoever to Shipper or anyone else, with the proceeds applied against service charges and related administrative costs and the balance of the proceeds of a sale to be returned to Shipper.
CALBOX has the right to open and inspect a Shipment without prior notice to the shipper.
5. Shipment Changes & Billing
CALBOX Shipment charges are calculated according to the higher of actual or volumetric weight and any Shipment may be re-weighted and re-measured by CALBOX to confirm this calculation. Shipper shall pay or reimburse CALBOX for all Shipment charges, storage charges, duties and taxes owed or services provided by CALBOX or incurred by CALBOX on Shipper's or Receiver's or any third party's behalf and all claims, damages, fines and expenses incurred if the Shipment is deemed unacceptable for transport as described in Section 2.
6. CALBOX Liability
CALBOX liability for loss of, damage to, or failure to deliveries is limited to its actual cash value and shall not exceed the greater of USD $500.00 or USD $2.00 per kilogram. CALBOX does not provide cargo liability or all risk insurance.
7. Time Limits for Claims
All claims must be submitted in writing to CALBOX within thirty(30) days from the date that CALBOX accepted the Shipment, failing which CALBOX shall have no liability whatsoever.
8. Shipment Insurance
CALBOX can arrange insurance for Shipper covering the actual cash value in respect of loss of or physical damage to the Shipment, provided the Shipper completes the insurance section on the front of the waybill or requests it via CALBOX automates systems and pays the applicable premium Shipment insurance does not cover indirect loss or damage, or loss or damage caused by delays.
9. Delayed Shipments
CALBOX will make every reasonable effort to deliver the Shipment according to CALBOX’s regular delivery schedules, but these are not guaranteed and do not form part of the contract, CALBOX is not liable for any damages or loss caused by delays.
10. Circumstances beyond CALBOX’s control
CALBOX is not liable for any loss or damage arising out of circumstances beyond CALBOX control. These include but are not limited to: -"Act of God"- e.g. earthquake, cyclone, storm, flood, fog; "Force Majeure"- e.g. war, plane crash or embargo; any defect or characteristic related to the nature of the Shipment, even if known to CALBOX; riot or civil commotion; any act or omission by a person not employed or contracted by CALBOX e.g. Shipper, Receiver, third party, customs or other government official; industrial action; and electrical or magnetic damage to, or erasure of, electronic or photographic images, data or recordings.
11. Warsaw Convention
If the Shipment is transported by air and involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure, the Warsaw Convention("Warsaw"), if applicable, governs and in most cases limits CALBOX’s liability for loss or damage.
12. Shipper's Warranties and Indemnity
Shipper shall indemnify and hold CALBOX harmless for any loss or damage arising out of Shipper's failure to comply with any applicable laws or regulations and for Shipper's breach of the following warranties and representations;
- All information provided by Shipper or its representatives is complete and accurate;
- The Shipment was prepared in secure premises by Shipper's employees;
- Shipper employed reliable staff to prepare the Shipment;
- Shipper protected the Shipment against unauthorized interference during preparation, storage and transportation to CALBOX;
- The Shipment is promptly marked and addressed and packed to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling;
- All applicable customs, import, export and other laws and regulations have been complied with; and
- The waybill has been signed by Shipper's authorized representative and the Terms and Conditions constitute binding and enforceable obligations of Shipper.
13. Governing Law
Any dispute arising under or in any way connected with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject, for the benefit of CALBOX, to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of, and governed by the law of the Republic of Korea and Shipper irrevocably submits to such jurisdiction, unless contrary to applicable law.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision shall not affect any other part if these Terms and Conditions.